Contact: +91-9711224068
International Journal of Home Science
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal

Impact Factor: RJIF 5.3, NAAS Rating: 3.32

International Journal of Home Science

2016, VOL. 2 ISSUE 3, PART G

Determination of effect of caffeine consumption on sleep quality using Pittsburgh sleep quality index

Author(s): G Siva Teja and Dr. B Babitha
Abstract:
Caffeine belongs to a class of substances known as Methylxanthines. It is naturally found in coffee, cocoa beans, tea leaves etc., and it acts as a stimulant and has arousal effect. A descriptive and interventional study was taken to determine the effect of caffeine on sleep quality in students of Manipal University. A total of 343 students were taken in to the study and were asked to fill the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index to measure their sleep patterns, they were also asked to fill a questionnaire about the intake of caffeinated products. Among 343 students, 94.8% of students had a good sleep while remaining 5.2% had a bad sleep which states that there was no significant relationship between Caffeine consumption and sleep patterns.
Pages: 404-405  |  1184 Views  21 Downloads
How to cite this article:
G Siva Teja, Dr. B Babitha. Determination of effect of caffeine consumption on sleep quality using Pittsburgh sleep quality index. Int J Home Sci 2016;2(3):404-405.
International Journal of Home Science